EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – RAF Knoxville
ABOUT RANDOM ACTS OF FLOWERS
Random Acts of Flowers (RAF) improves the emotional health and wellbeing of individuals in healthcare facilities by delivering recycled flowers, encouragement and personal moments of kindness. Our vision is to inspire and nurture a culture of care and compassion. As a sustainable organization, RAF is committed to supporting the health of the environment, individuals and the community.
POSITION SUMMARY & OBJECTIVE
As head of the RAF branch, the Executive Director serves as the “face” of the organization to all community supporters, donors, volunteers and staff. The Executive Director is the primary advocate for the mission, fundraising manager, and supervisor of the staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee staff responsible for overall mission delivery.
- Develop strategic planning for mission enhancement and/or area expansion.
- Cultivate donors and obtain direct donations, sponsorships, etc.
- Manage the major giving society.
- Research and obtain grants and corporate support.
- Develop and execute fundraising programs and special events.
- Present the organization at local speaking engagements.
- Participate in corporate networking events.
- Manage and maintain good local media relationships.
-Administration & Oversight:
- Conduct annual performance reviews for the staff.
- Plan, manage and execute the business operations according to the annual budget.
-Board of Directors:
- Engage and report ongoing activities to the local board of directors.
- Recruit new board members annually.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE – Random Acts of Flowers is excited to welcome a dynamic professional who is fun, demonstrates a passion for the RAF mission, is accountable, has the skills to manage a small staff along with a large team of volunteers, strives for excellence and brings outstanding communication skills, flexibility and ambition to the organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalence.
- At least four years of professional nonprofit experience.
- Fundraising acumen with proven results.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, resource development, and strategic planning.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to work collaboratively with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possesses personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to organization.
- Flexible and able to multitask with skills to work within an ambitious, fast-paced environment.
- Desire to engage with other RAF branches to collaborate and share best practices and optimize efforts.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – While a standard business environment is the norm, at times all RAF employees may need to lift, push, etc. various items to assist in deliveries or special events.
SCHEDULE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – Random Acts of Flowers is often operated during normal business days/hours. However, this position occasionally requires night, weekend and holiday work to support the mission or participate in special events.
TRAVEL – Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
EEO STATEMENT – Random Acts of Flowers is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
OTHER DUTIES – Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COMPENSATION – Compensation is commensurate of the applicant’s qualifications and experience. Random Acts of Flowers offers competitive wages, benefits and paid time off.
TIMING – It’s our intention to fill the position by the end of the 2018 calendar year, or as soon as a qualified candidate is found.
To apply for this position, please complete the following:
- Submit a cover letter and resume, addressed to: Larsen Jay, Founder / CEO of Random Acts of Flowers
- Email submissions are preferred. Email to (PDF format only) to: Employment@RandomActsofFlowers.org
- Mailed submissions should be sent to: 3500 Workman Rd. #101A – Knoxville, TN 37921
- Applicants will be contacted to schedule interviews as needed.
Questions can be directed to Molly Landmesser (RAF National Administrative & Systems Coordinator) at 865-248-3045.